Please see below some of the projects companies in consortium have work on in Lambeth.
Cressingham Gardens 2015/2016
- Masterplan Principles draft document
- Initial feasibility review of underground garages proposal
Somerleyton Road (2014/2015)
- Planning consultants, engagement and heritage consultants for the regeneration of the Council’s Somerleyton Road site, employed through Igloo the development managers for the site on behalf of Lambeth Council.
Schools planning advice (2012)
- Planning review of applications for a number of expansions to schools sites for the education department including Hitherfield School and Elm Wood School
Fenstanton Schools Site Masterplan (2009/10)
- Masterplan and outline planning application for a new secondary school and replacement primary school on the Fenstanton School site in Tulse Hill, including public and stakeholder engagement. With architecture PLB. For LB Lambeth Education.
Stockwell Park Estate (2005)
- A review of the emerging masterplan for planning, including a draft framework for the regeneration of the estate.
Myatts Field North 2004/6
- Production of Myatts Field North Development Planning Guidelines for planning, including resident engagement, viability modelling (by KSA) and highways input
- Assisting the Council housing department with the review of Masterplans by the submitted bidders (until around 2008)
CPC (formerly as KSA)
- Myatts Field North: as part of the preparation of Development Planning Guidelines in 2004/5 KSA provided viability advice to the Tibbalds team to inform the Planning Department’s approach to the S106 and affordable housing discussions.
- Somerleyton Road (2014/2016): Recently given planning permission (minded to grant), this extra care facility in the heart of Brixton provides independent living with support for people over 55. The building contains 65 homes with layouts that are flexible and generous. All flats are dual aspect offering plenty of daylight and views over the neighbourhood as well as shared garden space for growing or relaxation. The project has planning permission as part of a wider scheme of homes, community facilities and a new theatre.
- Lingham Court: A feasibility study for Lambeth in 2015, explored the refurbishment of this listed, sheltered housing scheme in Streatham. Options included improving wheelchair access and upgrading of facilities to meet current standards.
- Westbury Estate - Metroplitan Workshop were appointed as lead consultant for a Residents Engagement and Urban Design Study that aimed to identify a brief and vision for the Estate. This strategy involved delivering training in urban design principles including density, open space, parking, design and security. These sessions also included a workshop element which gave residents a better understanding of the issues and trade-offs involved in masterplanning. Such an approach has helped shape the future of their estate through the ‘residents design brief’.
- Somerleyton Road, Brixton – Metropolitan Workshop were masterplanners for the overall site and architects for blocks C and F. The new development will provide around 300 new affordable homes, and relocate the Oval House theatre at the Carlton Mansions end of the street. Ground floor uses include a gym, dementia care unit, warden assisted homes for the elderly, chefs school and children’s nursery. Completion is due in 2018. The project breaks new ground in so many ways, not least the sharing of control of development of council land with a local community based organisation (Brixton Green), the real and deep community led approach to the brief for the project and the provision of long term, low cost funding by the council. Any one of these would be unusual and together they are unique.
- Central Hill Estate - Metropolitan Workshop have recently been asked by Lambeth to provide urban design training for residents of this Lambeth estate. The aim is to give residents a background in the keydesign principles they will need to think about if the estate undergoes a regeneration process.
PTE (post 2000 projects)
- Brockwell Park Lido:2003-2007
- Refurbishment and extension of Grade II listed 1930s lido enabling ‘Brixton Beach’ to be financially self-supporting
- Coldharbour Lane:2004-2011 (to planning)
- 155 homes for Places for People Housing Association plus commercial and communal space
- Clifton House:2008 (to planning)
- 50 extra care apartments for Clapham Park Homes
- Lingham Court: 2003-2005
- Mixed tenure housing, including 30 affordable wheelchair homes for Lambeth Social Services. With the site located above two underground tube lines the scheme involved prefabricated off-site floors and walls and pre-fabricated bathrooms and kitchens
- Halliday Hall:1995-2000
- Extra care, sheltered housing and affordable rented houses
- Plus of course South Lambeth Estate during 2014/2015.
Camlins Landscape Architects
- PRWG Design Guide for TfL: Camlins was appointed by the Nine Elms Strategic Project Manager to produce a materials guide that provides clear design guidance to those implementing public realm, whether public funded environmental improvements or public spaces delivered as part of development. Adherence to these recommendations by public realm designers of individual schemes will produce incrementally a piece of city scape which is historically responsive, elegant, safe, enjoyable and practical to maintain. This report recently formed the basis for the TfL Public Realm Design Guide for Nine Elms on the South Bank.
- Vauxhall Cross: Camlins was commissioned by CLS Holdings working in collaboration with Allies & Morrisons to design a new public open space for the area which will be the gateway to a new Linear Park running through Nine Elms on the South Bank from east to west. By incorporating a series of elegant contemporary aerial walkways to be known as "the Linear Walk", the masterplan will link the different sites and streets around Vauxhall Cross, opening up the area for its next phase of regeneration in the London Borough of Lambeth.
Campbell Reith (current or recent projects)
- Kings Maths Free School: To provide new teaching accommodation and refurbish the existing buildings. Lambeth Baths and Lambeth Tower. CR will provide a monitoring role, reviewing the engineers’ proposals and the works on site and perform a structural survey.
- Larkhall Park regeneration Project: Regeneration support to Larkhall Park, Lambeth. Design Services investigating and reporting
- Guy’s & St Thomas’ Hospital - Various Projects: Major alterations to the 1860’s Victorian buildings encompassing demolition works, temporary works and new structures.Assessment of changes of use and loading increases to several reinforced concrete and prestressed concrete buildings constructed in the 1960’s and 1970’s
- Lambeth, Southwark & Lewisham NHS Trust LIFT: Preparation of brief for Lambeth PCT for suite of surveys (desk top studies, intrusive investigations, asbestos surveys, access audits, structural surveys and topographical and infrastructure surveys) for sample sites. Subsequent procurement and reporting of such surveys.
Does this answer your questions? If not get in touch