The Council has made its objectives explicit - to address the housing crisis facing the Borough; to extend the supply of new homes; and to enhance the quality of existing homes. The Council will consider all relevant factors, and it is for the Council to decide what weight to give them in order to enable it to progress these objectives.
In this case, the factors that the Council will take into account in considering the future of the Cressingham Gardens Estate include, but are not limited to:
- financial resources available to fund refurbishment;
- financial resources available to fund regeneration;
- the condition of the estate and properties on the estate;
- the likely cost of refurbishment of properties;
- relative cost of refurbishment of properties compared to other estates;
- the demand for new homes;
- the potential for delivery of additional new homes;
- the viability of redevelopment options;
- the impact of the different options on current residents of the estate;
- the relative impact on different resident groups currently living on the estate.
Does this answer your questions? If not get in touch