Yesterday we took 8 residents to visit a new four bedroom home on Akerman Road and they were really impressed with what they saw.
The property is a recently completed new home by Lambeth and built to Passive House standards meaning it is very energy efficient to run.
Residents were very impressed with what they saw, particularly with the size of the rooms and the quality of the finish.
- The size of all rooms which were noticeably bigger than their existing homes;
- Square rooms that would be easier to furnish than some of the angled spaces we have seen before;
- Having a separate kitchen and living space;
- The kitchen was large enough to put a table;
- The quality and look of the kitchen fittings;
- The solid front door felt secure;
- Not all the windows are full height which people felt gave more flexibility to furnishing a room;
- Different types of bathrooms that all felt spacious;
- Having a ground floor WC;
- The number of plugs in each of the rooms;
- The space for storage including under the stairs;
- Having a front garden but we also talked about it not needing to be as big to achieve a level of privacy and that for Westbury the space might be better allocated to rear gardens with a smaller front garden.