Last Saturday saw the design and management team exhibition for the estate. Over the day over 80 residents braved the rain and made their way to the Boloney Meadow Community Centre to quiz and score the 3 short listed teams, Arcadis, BDP and Tibbalds Campell Reith.Read more
The Council is publishing a booklet, which will provide information on the development and design teams that residents will be able to ask questions at the exhibition on 14 November.
At the exhibition residents will have a chance to ask questions to the potential teams who will work with them to design the estate. Not only will you get the opportunity to ask questions to the different teams you will be able to express your views on which teams you prefer. A copy of the booklet will be sent to every household on the estate shortly. In the meantime you can see a copy of the booklet below:Read more
Last night the Council’s Cabinet met to discuss the proposed redevelopment of the estate and the Cabinet has agreed to the estate would be partially redeveloped. This means that:
- Wimborne House will be retained and improved.
- The low-rise blocks (Broadstone, Swanage, Sturminster, Verwood, Osmington) will be redeveloped to re-provide all the existing homes and deliver additional new homes The Council will now start to work up detailed plans on the redevelopment of the estate.
Following on from the recent exhibition and newsletter the Council Cabinet papers about the proposed redevelopment of the South Lambeth Estate have been published. You can read them by clicking here.
For clarity the recommendations are:
- Wimborne House retained and improved.
- The 5 low rise blocks to (namely Broadstone, Sturminster, Swanage, Verwood and Osmington) will all be redeveloped and replaced with new and additional homes.
- Existing residents will have priority for the new homes, and all Council tenants will be offered a new home on the estate which meets their housing need.
Over the past 9 months, feasibility work has been undertaken by the Council, supported by architects Pollard Thomas Edwards (PTE), to consider regeneration options for South Lambeth Estate. Over that time period, the Council has been in contact with 164 households on the estate and we would like to say thank you to all those residents who have contributed to this process.Read more