Over the last week the Development Management Team have been sharing their updated design work for Knight's Walk.
- Residents like the idea of a community space at the heart of Knight’s Walk – it would be nice to not have to book like in Pedlars acre and to have a space that is smaller and more personal for the community
- Some residents are really looking forward to having private garden or balcony where they do not have their own space at the moment
- People prefer 3 or 4 stories, but they can see the team are trying to reduce the height as much as possible
- It’s looking good at the moment and the team are making some nice spaces
- Balconies are good but depend on the shading – how much sun will they get and who is above/below you?
- Nice to have a balcony but doesn’t need a balcony that was too big – just enough for sitting on
Things residents want to know more about are:
- Residents wants to know how the light will get into the big shared garden?
- Concerned about maintenance of plants and landscape
- How refuse will be managed during and after construction
- Will there be a space to sit and eat in the kitchens
- What will the staircase area look like?
- Will there be fitted wardrobes in the main bedrooms? These are really important
- How will the logistics of moving to the Northern Block and then moving back to the main building, if people want to, work
- The ground floor of the Northern Block needs to feel the same as the Ground floor on Knight’s Walk - that would encourage people to stay and not want to move back.
At the public drop in on the 15th November we asked residents to tell us their heating and energy questions which we then passed on to TGA, the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers for the project and they prepared answered which were shared at December's REP meeting. You can see the full handout here .
All the feedback we have collected has been shared with the design team and will influence their updated designs. Revised design information will be available at the Knight's Walk REP meeting on the 9th January, RSVP here. Following this it will be on display at the upcoming public exhibition on 24th January 2017 in No.15 Knight's Walk. RSVP here. We hope that many of you will be able to join us and provide feedback on the design development.