Where are we now?
- We have considered nine different sites for new housing across the Hemans Estate.
- Lambeth Council are now considering proposals for housing on one site: the ballcourt adjacent to Darlington House, along with landscaping and estate improvements.
- Lambeth Council are working with the Hemans Voice TRA about the possibility of community space either on the estate or nearby.
- The views of residents will inform councillors before a final decision is is taken on proposals later in the year.
- We would like to hear your views on replacement play and sports equipment if the ball-court is developed.
As part of the initial exploration of options for infill development on the Hemans Estate, the Council has commissioned ground and structural surveys to better understand the feasibility of each of the options under consideration.Read more
Below is a summary of our initial proposals for each of the possible areas we are considering for new housing.
Residents of both Darlington and Hunter Houses have been written to about a upcoming structural investigation of the blocks. This is to investigate whether these building could have more and better homes build above them to held tackle the housing crisis in the borough.Read more
A community event was on Saturday 15th August held in the gardens of the Hemans Estate between Hunter and Darlington Houses.Read more
Thank you for attending the community event on Saturday the 15th August. Local residents met with councillors (Alex Bigham and Imogen Walker) along with regeneration officers from the council and architects Bell Phillips to discuss proposals to build new affordable housing on the estate.Read more
The recently elected Hemans Estate TRA (Tenants and Residents' Association) met with Lambeth Council and Bell Phillips Architects to discuss the latest proposals for Hemans Estate.Read more
Lambeth Council recently commissioned a Household Needs Survey to help inform the proposals for Hemans Estate.Read more
Residents on the estate have requested a meeting on Monday 18th May 2015 from 18.00 to 19.30 at the Lansdowne Green Community Hall, 283-291 Wandsworth Road to set up a Tenants and Residents Association (TRA) for the Hemans Estate. Officers from Lambeth Living will be present along with Bell Phillips Architects to answer questions and listen to your views.Read more