Central Hill's Resident Groups are an important part of how Lambeth Council engages with residents affected by the estates regeneration programme. Central Hill has three Resident engagement groups; Project group, Design group, and Engagement and Communication group. The Design and Engagement & Communication group will have separate memberships as these have distinct areas of works.
General objectives of all the engagement groups.
- That the Council can give information to the Panel to enable them to understand the background to regeneration options – subject to data-protection and Freedom of Information restrictions.
- Allows residents to have their say on issues affecting them.
- To act as a sounding board for Council officers and Council Members so they can understand issues from a resident perspective.
- To provide feedback on the feelings on the estate regarding current activities and Council proposals and feedback from a resident perspective on recent engagement activities.
- To question the Council on its proposals and test whether other courses of action have been explored or could be explored.
- To advise on how best to engage with residents generally and with different resident groups.
- To highlight issues arising and sensitivities from a resident’s perspective.
- To help to identify how residents can influence processes and proposals.
- To comment on delivery strategy – design, phasing, construction, etc.
The panels are not decision-making bodies within the Council structure. Nevertheless, they have an important role to play in relation to consultation, ensuring the views of residents on the estate are considered when decisions by the Council are made.
If you would like more information on Central Hill's REP please get in touch with Mutoka (Karrol) Namakambo on 07860 800773 or by email:Centralhill@lambeth.gov.uk
Minutes from previous Resident group meetings
Below you can view minutes form previous Resident meetings:
Notes within the minutes in italic and bold are up-dates from Lambeth - post the meeting.